Skip to content
- “Fun Home and Are You My Mother? as Autotopography: Queer Orientations and the Politics of Location,” in The Comics of Alison Bechdel: From the Outside In, edited by Janine Utell (University Press of Mississippi, 2020)
- “Reading Spaces: The Politics of Page Layout,” in The Oxford University Press Handbook of Comics Studies, edited by Frederick Luis Aldama (OUP, 2019)
- “Comics as Orientation Devices,” in Comics Studies: Here and Now, edited by Frederick Luis Aldama (Routledge, 2018)
- “Undead in Suburbia,” co-authored with Leila Estes, in The Laughing Dead: The Horror-Comedy Film from Bride of Frankenstein to Zombieland, edited by Cynthia J. Miller and A. Bowdoin Van Riper (Rowman and Littlefield, 2016)
- “Spectres of Media: Jacques Tardi’s Graphic Reanimation of It Was the War of the Trenches,” in Horrors of War: The Undead, and the Battlefield, edited by Cynthia J. Miller and A. Bowdoin Van Riper (Rowman and Littlefield, 2015)
Works in Progress
- Review of The Content of Our Caricature. ASAP/J 7.2 (2023). Final edits submitted Feb. 2022.
- “The Fence and the Grid: Reading the U.S.-Mexico Border Fence as Comics Infrastructure,” in Undisciplining Latinx Comics & Visual Cultures: Theoretical, Pedagogical, and Aesthetic Approaches, edited by Fernanda Díaz-Basteris and Maite Urcaregui. Under advance contract with Rutgers University Press.